The year has come around full circle once again as MTV presents one of the hottest award shows in music award history. The 2011 MTV Video Music Awards was held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California for the second year in the row as it was a complete success last year, why change a good thing?
One of the most spectacular shows in history, full of explosive stage performances and many artists available for ‘spicy’ statements that will keep us busy for a long time. Head below for our assessment of the six highlights from MTV’s big night.
Let’s checkout this year winners and some of the highlights from MTV’s big night.
The night will also be remembered for some “great moments” like
- Britney Spears and Jo Calderone’s (Lady Gaga) almost-makeout session. Gaga transformed herself into her “You And I” dude-drag alter ego Jo Calderone for her entire stint at the VMAs. And while some of Jo’s antics paid off with laughs and some of it was just confusing having Gaga present Britney’s Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, and their tense near-makeout moment, was a classic case of VMAs gold.
- Beyonce’s baby bump rub. Bey didn’t really need to put a cherry on her “Love On Top” performance, because she already took that crowd to church. But a true diva never misses a golden opportunity to create a memorable moment — and so, with the whole world watching, Beyonce let it be known that Destiny is now with child.
- Bruno Mars, Russell Brand and Tony Bennett pay tribute to Amy Winehouse.
- Adele performing “Someone Like You.”
- Beavis And Butt-head promo with Nicki Minaj.
- Justin Bieber smooching Selena Gomez. Yeah, yeah — Bieber kissing Selena is nothing new. But when the “U Smile” crooner stood up in the audience and planted one on his girlfriend upon winning Best Male Video, it had to me considered a “moment”…
Do you think there were any other great moments during the VMAs?
So congratulations MTV for one more year!!!Share: